Monday, June 22, 2009

Dad's hospital visit...

Everything is okay now, just so you know. But we did have quite a scare with my dad a week and a half ago. He was having chest pain and the pain went all the way up to his jaw.. Not a good sign.. He went home. He went back and forth over the phone with his doctor and was told to go to the hospital to get checked out. My mother and him went.. After all was said and done.. After a night of staying in the hospital, it was all acid reflux. But they did tests and stuff on his heart and found that he has a weakened heart. More tests will be done (now that my parents are back from their vacation) soon. I think he will be put on some meds to help him. At least they caught this problem before something happened and it was too late.

I'm glad it ended well and nothing was majorly wrong. He sure did give us a scare though. Makes you stop and appreciate the little things.

Leala made him laugh a lot though at the hospital.. She was the star of the show! She kept putting her hands down on the ground and sticking her booty in the air and shaking it! Sooo funny! I don't know where she learned that from either, but now everytime my mom says, "Work it, work it" she gets down and shakes her booty... I know, I know.. not a good thing, but it was too cute. We just can't help ourselves.. When she's a little older, I'll make sure she doesn't do it anymore. :)

*Update*
My dad has an enlarged heart. They have put him on some meds that will either slow down the problem or reverse it. He's doing well, so no worries.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad your dad is doing okay and everything has turned out good!

Love Leala's new trick...so cute and sassy!

Caidens_mommy said...

I've already told you but I'm saying it again, I'm glad everything is ok with your dad.
AND have you been leaving Leala with Aunt Sarah?! Cause that sounds like something she'd learn from her. LOL

Miti said...

So glad y'all caught your daddy's condition before it was too late. Kids really now how to lighten the mood. That booty dance story is too funny.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Miti
at Five Moms and a Blog

More Than Words said...

I'm so glad that the doctors caught that before it could have been worst!

LOL @ your daughter. The things they do that are so cute when they are little, huh?

Daphine said...

So glad that your dad is okay! Praise the Lord!