* We took Leala to the doctor today.
* She is fine. Her chest is clear. Her ears are clear.
* We had to up her medications (because she weighs more now).
* She can now take motrin.
* She weighs 21 pounds 2 ounces now and is 10.5 months old.
* She took a very long nap today (with me!) and is feeling somewhat better.
* Since we have upped her medications, she hasn't coughed as much and her drainage seems to be going away too.
* I was able to talk to her doctor (who was my doctor since I was 6 weeks old!) about all the other things that I have been wondering about.
* No meats or milk for her til 12 months.
* Skip bottles and continue trying with sippy cup.
* After she is 12 months old, we'll start trying to wean.
* She is fine with the solids that she is eating. No reason to push it too much.
* I am glad I was able to talk to her doctor about this stuff. I have been casually talking to other people about how I want to handle things with Leala, and most people have pushed the bottle in my face over and over.. But, none of these people (no one I know, actually) has breastfed for this long, so bottles are all they know. Anyway, I'm glad I brought things up to the doctor and got things figured out.
* I got over my whole fear of being talked about or given weird looks.. No one has yet, but I thought they would talk about me for not having Leala weaned at 12 months, like I had mentioned I might.. Now I know, that I should be waiting, and have been wanting to wait to wean her, but was scared that people would look down on me. (Like I said, no one I know has breastfed.. They don't look down on it, but I'm looked at as a hippie type girl now, b/c of it, and I didn't want them to think I'd be breastfeeding her til she's 5...) Anyway, I'm over it, and I don't care. I will do as I wish and if someone doesn't like it, they can deal with it, or get out of my life.. lol.. seriously though.
* Leala has her third tooth! I think that has been her problem this whole time.. The reason why she's been waking up so much and acting so needy.. I barely saw it very far under the gums 2 or 3 days ago, and today it has already popped out! She is getting to be a very big girl! She has 3 teeth on bottom now and none on top!
* It's been a long day, but the hubby was able to relax with me and watch a movie tonight, so that was fun. Off to bed for me now!
* I haven't forgotten about the questions and answers. I will be doing that soon!