Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday Thoughts


* I feel better today. I'm not 100%, but better at least. Thank you everyone for all your kind words. It really means a lot to me.

* We are taking Leala to the doctor in the morning. Her appointment is at 8:30. She hasn't gotten worse, but I want her checked out and better by Christmas. It's mainly just for ease of mind.

* We got Kevin's disability money from the VA for the past 4 months today! Whoohoo! Just fyi, he wasn't discharged because of any disability (he had a honorable discharge), but he's getting paid for a few things that happened while in the Navy. Can't argue with that!

* Canceled our plans to get hair-cuts for all of us tomorrow. My sister does our hair, but since we're going to the doctor, I don't think we'll be going to her salon to do that.. Oh well, she works every day until Christmas Eve, so we can get it done a different day. (Yes, we are going to cut Leala's hair.. just the back of it, to even it up.. Right now, she has two longer pieces on each side.. haha).

* We lowered the height of Leala's mattress in her crib today. With her standing up and playing in her crib now, she seemed too tall in it. I felt like she could lean over the edge and fall, so I had Kevin lower it. She is such a big girl now.. I can't believe it.

* I am looking forward to Christmas, very much so.. I can't wait to see how Leala reacts to everything. I am just really happy that it's coming up so fast. :)

* I will be answering your questions soon... so if you haven't asked me something yet, click here and do so!

7 comments:

Lori said...

hope the dr.'s can provide you some help

He & Me + 3 said...

I hope that she feels better soon. I asked you another question on the other post. That is cool about the extra money. Good for you.

Daphine said...

Glad you're feeling better!

You remind me so much of me when I was a new mom (well actually I still do this). I take my girls to the doctor if they sneeze the wrong way. lol! It's just one of those things that I react quick on. So, I totally understanding needing that peace of mind from the doc.

Woohoo for money! That's totally a good thing! Treat yourself to a nice dinner or something.

Hoping you have a great day tomorrow! Take care!

McCrakensx4 said...

Hope all went well at the Doc's! Extra & unexpected money is always nice, especially this time of year! :)

Caidens_mommy said...

Honey I am so sorry I've been wrapped up in being pregnant that I haven't been a good friend! I didn't even know that you guys had been sick, I feel terrible. I love you :)

RamblingMother said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. nothing like the holidays and hormones to crash into each other!!

Kati said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I have followed your blog for awhile.. mostly lurking.. I nominated you for a blog award.. check out my page!