Saturday, January 24, 2009

Best Dessert I've had in a while..

Yesterday, I made something new. It turned out great! We all loved it. In fact, it's already gone, with the help of Kevin's family. It was so good, I can't wait to make it again.

Since we all liked it so much, I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Berry Trifle
  • 1 4-serving-size package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 6 ounce container vanilla yogurt
  • 1 10.75 ounce frozen loaf pound cake, thawed and cubed (3/4-inch cubes) (I used creme cake from the bakery section on walmart instead.. didn't freeze or anything, just cut it - turned out great)
  • 6 cups strawberries, quartered
  • 2 cups blueberries and/or raspberries (Hubby wanted blackberries, so we did those instead).
  • 1 recipe Berry Sauce
Prepare pudding mix according to package directions using the milk, set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and yogurt with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; stir in pudding.

To assemble trifle, in a 2 1/2 to 3 quart glass bowl, layer one third of the cake cubes, one third of the pudding mixture, and one third of the strawberries and blueberries,. repeat layers twice. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. Spoon Berry Sauce onto serving plates, top with trifle. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

Berry Sauce: In a blender or food processor combine 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries or raspberries (I used a frozen bag of mixed berries), 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar, and 1 tablespoon raspberry liquer, rum or orange juice (orange juice for us). Cover and blend or process until smooth. If desired, press sauce through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds. Cover and chill until serving time or for up to 24 hours.

YUM!!!!

4 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

OOOHHHH...sounds yummy! I just might have to try this out! Thanks for sharing. Do you have a pic of it?

Daphine said...

SOUNDS awesome! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try this!

He & Me + 3 said...

YUM! That does sound awesome. My mom would love it too. I am definitely going to try it. I am with Stacey...pictures:)

leaner said...

Sounds GOOD! (Its a good thing you didn't make it "Rachel from Friends style. She made it with beef sauteed in onions with carrots.)